One of the standard things that people say is, “I am too busy to pray.” In some of the recent messages I have been challenging people to think differently about this. (If you have never heard me speak you can check out a couple samples here.) I challenge people to do the math on an average week of media consumption. Simple math like
1. How much time do you watch TV shows and movies?
2. How much time do you spend with social media?
3. How much new consumption do you do?
4. How much radio/podcast do you listen to on your commute?
5. Other media: newspapers, books, magazines?
Then I challenge them to add that up and then answer the question, “Could I give God 10% of my media time?”
Here is a short video I made to give you some more ideas: